Having a wedding during the “season” for it has many advantages. The venues and the catering is usually lower in costs, the guests are prepared and even other services like photography and music too are readily available. But one of the biggest disadvantages of having the special day during the season for it, is that your wedding tends to blend in with the other twenty or so weddings that your guests attended during the season for it. So, how do you make your day stand out among the others? How do you make sure that this special day of yours in memorable not only for you, but for your guests as well?
If you’ve been searching for the answer of the above questions, then look no further. Here’s what our experts have to say about it.
• The invitation – without a doubt, this is the first indication to your guests that your wedding is going to be different and memorable. Select your invitations with care. Be mindful that you can even use technology to help you here. Video invitations are fun and different; even though your grandparents might not really understand it…
• The decorations – themed weddings are easy to make memories with; especially if you do your decorations accordingly. Make sure that everything, including the wedding reception decoration ideas is interesting. Remember that they can be used as props for keeping your guests occupied too.
• The dress – even if the wedding chairs will not be remembered or talked about, your dress certainly will be. Choose a color that is unexpected. If your heart is stuck on white for the wedding, consider a change of clothes for the reception. Let your imagination loose with color and style for this; after all, you are the center of attention on this day.
• Music – bring in an unexpected kind of band for your big day, or play music that people don’t usually associate with weddings. Acapella is fast getting popular these days; but not yet with weddings. Imagine your guests’ fascination when an acapella group sings those songs that they probably are sick of hearing, with twists and without a single musical instrument!
• The bridal vehicle – everyone expects luxury cars in occasions as these. But what if you bring in an unexpected mode of transport? From extravagant vehicles like bridal carriages to fun and affordable modes of transport like motor bikes with side cars, your options are unlimited. Remember to discuss the idea with your bride to avoid unexpected surprises (like large and willful wedding gowns), on the big day!